Thursday, December 10, 2015

It's been a while!

Kind reader: do not think for a minute that I have abandoned my running!
Quite the opposite. I am now into the last week of my 5K training program. After Thanksgiving, I started running three times a week rather than every day. My knee woes have disappeared (for now) and I suspect I am not as keen to write in this blog because running is no longer a novelty to me. I believe that, thanks to the kind voice in my running app, I am now able to run for 30 minutes straight. When I say run, though, please picture a movement almost in slow motion, say Chariots of Fire but with audio books instead of Vangelis. Oh no! Scratch that! I just youtubed the Chariots of Fire trailer and they run waaaaay faster than me. It's just the music that is slow... I look with unrepentant envy at the runners that I run across, you know which ones I mean: spring on their step, flapping hair, yes, them. I am now into the second month of training for my first marathon, and a million of flat steps to go...

1 comment:

  1. I had thought you had abandoned your running! I'm glad you're up to 5K and your knees don't hurt. That's a win/win.

    ReplyDelete