I was looking forward to today, when I was scheduled to run for: drum roll, please..... 60 minutes.
On Friday, after I ran the 5K, I felt great, but when my legs cooled off, I had muscle pain in what I imagine are the ligaments that connect my left hip to my thigh. In Spanish I would have to define it as "el bajo culo." I took Tylenol and hoped that a good night sleep would fix it, and actually, it did! But that pain came after running 31 minutes, ladies and gentlemen, and today I was expected to double that running time.
Before I set out to run, I had drama with my audio book, which disappeared from my iphone before my very eyes right before my run. Apple help was no help, the book won't download from itunes. Damn Steve Jobs! So I jumped to Audible, swearing out loud that I would never again purchase anything form the itunes store. Crisis averted, and with Born to Run reloaded in my phone, I went out running on a cool and sunny Sunday.
It may be just me, but I always feel that most of my runs are uphill. Also, is it just me, or does everybody else run faster than me? I end up passing only very slow walkers, everyone else passes me with ease. I only listen to the voice in my app, that tells me I'm doing great!
Yes, listen to the voice in your app! That's the only one that counts.
ReplyDeleteAbout Audible and purchasing books. My public library lends audio books for free on Overdrive. Check it out!