I headed towards the Vietnam Memorial but it was so packed with people (Veterans day is next week, I think...), that I circunvented it and ended up at the feet of the Lincoln Memorial, then ran next to the newly renovated reflecting pool towards the Washington Monument, and finished my cooldown walk at the WWII Memorial. I love this way of sightseeing, and am finding charms in the Nation's Capital that I had not appreciated before.
I have a good feeling about being able to run a full, uninterrupted, dignified mile by the end of the week. Will the 5k be too much of a stretch?
I ran 26.2 miles with no training. You can run 3 miles in your sleep. You're an athlete. The mall is my favorite place to run :)
ReplyDeleteI ran 26.2 miles with no training. You can run 3 miles in your sleep. You're an athlete. The mall is my favorite place to run :)
ReplyDelete