Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Knees

I may have found the answer to my knee concerns. A guy in youtube (that does not sound like sound credentials, I know) explained in his video that you are supposed to move your feet really fast when running, in order to minimize the time the foot is in contact with the ground and to keep your feet under your body. I was doing the exact opposite: slow long strides. Trying out the new technique, I had a flashback to old cartoons where characters would quickly move their feet back and forth in the air before taking off running. Let's see if this comical stride solves my knee woes. By the way, my youtube guru, Sage Canaday, finished 16 in the Boston Marathon this year. And even more impressively, two years ago he won the Washington Mountain Climb, a punishing 7 mile run up a mountain in New Hampshire. It hurts my own knees just writing about this race.

2 comments:

  1. maybe you should have started with his real credentials as opposed to a guy in youtube... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you should have started with his real credentials as opposed to a guy in youtube... hahaha

    ReplyDelete