Tuesday, November 3, 2015

New Plan

Coqui made a great point last night. I need to run a 5k for the experience. Makes a lot of sense. Scares me, though. I need to do this in late December, or better, early January, before I start the half marathon training.

At this point, I cannot even run a mile. But I have to build up the courage to set a goal and go through with it. 

It's funny because the mind plays dirty tricks. There is a swim meet on December 5 that I have no qualm signing up for, bum shoulder and all. But just to think about a RUN, makes me anxious. More reason to do it.

I participate in about half dozen swim meets a year. It keeps me motivated to train. Also, it builds my racing skills, which are different from my swimming skills. You need to learn how to race. I imagine it is the same with running.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it! The great thing about running is that you cannot drown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could trip and fall on a puddle or, Zeus forbid, the Constitution Lake

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better entrust yourself to Poseidon then.

    ReplyDelete